Friday, November 9, 2012

Can I just be 34 weeks already please?

I don't know how I'm going to make it until June without being admitted to a psych ward. Last night I started to have some pinkish-brown spotting which continued into today. It's not a lot, just a bit there when I wipe. I am a nervous wreck though. I'm wondering if it could be from the ultrasound probe on Wednesday or maybe just normal first trimester spotting (trust me, I've done enough googling in the last 24 hours to have read EVERY "7 weeks and spotting" story out there). I've decided that I would like to be put in a medically induced coma and woken only when we are at a respectable gestational age like 34 weeks. Do you think I could find a doctor to do that for me? It's just sooooooooo nerve-wracking...especially now that I know there are two and I, of course, know all the risks of twin pregnancies. ARGH! Next ultrasound is on the 21st.

One "I love my RE" story for you...when they called to book the 2nd ultrasound they only had openings when T could for sure not go with me. He has already called in sick a bunch of times to be able to come to appointments with me (this u/s on Wednesday being one of them) and his supervisor is starting to get annoyed. We know that he really can't call in sick anymore for this reason but the thought of going without him freaks me out. I had sent an email to my RE with a question about my ovaries (one of which is still over 10cm...about 4 inches...thank you OHSS) and mentioned that I would be there alone for the next ultrasound. He immediately had one of the secretaries call me and book us in to a time where he could do the scan and when T could come with me! Isn't that so nice? He will be doing it on his own time. He is the best. I will definitely be recommending my clinic (and specifically my RE) to anyone I know having to deal with this IF crap.

Thank you for all your lovely comments about the twins! Praying that all of you will get your miracle babies soon too!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet of your RE! Sorry for the spotting scare!!

    ReplyDelete