Monday, October 15, 2012

OHSS...

So I think I have OHSS...not super bad but still very uncomfortable. I've been bloated since embryo transfer so I've been keeping an eye on it but now it's getting worse. I started noticing on Thursday that laying on my stomach was getting uncomfortable (normally I sleep on my stomach) and it has gotten worse over the weekend. Today my pants are super tight and I have gained weight (only 4 pounds over the past few days and I haven't been eating super healthy...so who knows). UGH! I think this could be a good sign that there is a embaby snuggling in but I'm still too scared to take a test! I'm such a chicken. I'm scared about all the emotions that will come with a negative.  I guess I better call the clinic tomorrow and let them know about my belly. I'm not getting any of the other OHSS symptoms like low urine output or vomiting so maybe this is all in my head. For now I'm eating lots of salty foods and I'm going to increase my protein intake. This is the LAST thing I need! Ben and Jerry, this is your mother speaking...you better be settling in or I'm going to be pissed that I'm going through this all for nothing!

5 comments:

  1. I've only ever heard of late onset OHSS being a good sign. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck - hope you get more comfortable soon. Everything crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! FX that your bloating and weight gained is from Ben and Jerry only! OHSS really sucks. Luckily for me everything took a turn as soon as I put all that salt in my body. Hopefully this works for you as well. You asked me about the 3 ingredients chips. There are a number of them. But you'll have to stick to the "seasalt flavor" only. The latest I bought were from Miss Vickie's. Good luck with everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully not ohss, but ben and jerry snuggling in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to call your RE just to be on the safe side. Drink lots of fluids too.

    I loved your little lecture at the end of your post...hopefully it's the first of many lectures to your babies! ;)

    ReplyDelete