Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My body sucks, seriously, it does

So I just need to vent. Before doing IVF, my RE wants me to come for a hysteroscopy. Said hysteroscopy needs to be done between days 8-12 of my cycle. So, when I booked it, since I am pretty regular, I booked it for Tuesday September 4th...which would be right at the end of some vacation time we had booked. Wouldn't really mess up our vacation at all. Perfect timing! So this morning I wipe and BLOOD EVERYWHERE! My period has started 5 days early, giving me a 22 day cycle (WHAT?!) and completely screwing up our vacation plans. Now the only time I could get in for the hysteroscopy is next Wednesday, right in the middle of our vacation. We were supposed to be doing a road trip down to Oregon...now, who knows what we will do. GRRRRR! I have NEVER had a 22 day cycle in my close to 3 years of tracking cycles. Why now? Why in a cycle that I NEED to be regular? I'm so pissed off at my body. I told I co-worker that I wanted to "stab myself in the uterus!" (she said that might be counter-productive). We have had this vacation planned for months and now it's all messed up. OK, end rant. It will all be worth it in the end...it will all be worth it in the end...repeat...


5 comments:

  1. Ugh! So frustrating! I completely understand though...I feel like my body's always doing the same thing to me (actually, it has really kicked it up in the last 6 months or so), as if we don't have enough to worry abut. I wish there was obedience school for uteruses!

    Hope you are able to work something out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, obedience school for uteruses...I'd line up for days to get her into that!

      Delete
  2. Yea, stabbing ones self in any way is usually counter-productive... Sorry your lovely vacation is down the toilet... it really sucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there another clinic you could go to for the hysteroscopy while on your vacation? Then have the results sent to your RE? I don't know if that would work insurance-wise but maybe it would be worth looking into??

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought but since we're Canadian and we are headed to the States for our vacation, I would have to pay full price for a hysteroscopy. Stuff like that (diagnostic, not treatment....we don't get a dime for treatment) is covered by our provincial health plan. They wouldn't pay me for a procedure in the States. Too bad though because its a good idea! I think we've come up with a way to do 2 short trips with the hysteroscopy in between. Not quite as good but it is what it is.

      Delete